What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of Users or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and how they use their equipment, can be used to recognize the Users.
What types of cookies does the Website use?
The Website only uses own and third-party cookies, being the first ones those that are sent to the terminal equipment of the User from a computer or domain managed by the publisher, and the second ones managed by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies.
According to the period of time that remains activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to preserve for the provision of the service requested by the User during access
- Persistent cookies collect data that remains stored in the terminal after the session, and may be accessible during the period determined by the person responsible for the cookie. The cookies that are installed to the Users through the Web Site are the ones called:
– “Personalization cookies” are those that allow the User to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the User terminal. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional settings from where you access the service, etc.- “Analysis cookies” that allow the responsible of the same, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the Users in the Website. The collected information is used for the measurement of the activity and for the elaboration of the navigation profiles of the Users, in order to introduce improvements.
– “Advertising Cookies” are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a webpage, application or platform from which it provides the requested service on the basis To criteria such as the content edited or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
– “Behavioral advertising cookies” are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided . These cookies store information of the behavior of the users obtained through the continuous observation of their habits of navigation, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising in function of the same.
The main objectives are:
- Identify the User and give the application robustness
- Allow anonymous identification of browsing users through cookies (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate accounting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to Users.
- Know if the Users you are accessing are new or repeat visits.
- It allows to develop a specific profile of the Users to show advertising in function of the same.
What kind of cookies do you use on your Website?
Cookie Analytics Name Purpose Google Analytics Information about visits and web traffic http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ GA Audiences Information about visits and web traffic http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ WordPress Stats Web Traffic Information https://automattic.com/privacy/ DoubleClick Information about visits and web traffic http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ Twitter Button Social interaction information https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en JivoSite Web Traffic Information https://www.jivochat.com/privacy
How to configure your browser to accept or reject all or some of the cookies?
Users can configure their browser, accepting or rejecting all cookies, or selecting those whose installation supports and which does not, following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser used:
- Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
- Menu -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Use custom settings for history.
- Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- Preferences -> Privacy.
- Settings -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cookies.
Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- More -> Settings -> Allow cookies on your phone.
Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Settings -> Safari -> Block cookies.
Chrome for Android
- Menu -> Settings -> Site Settings.