1. Where do we currently provide our services?
We work directly in all Europe and Israel and through partner labs in: USA, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Indonesia, Dubai and Turkey. Please contact our Info team email@example.com if you are interested in starting to work with us.
2. You do not provide services in my country, what can I do?
The blood samples must arrive to our laboratory in Spain or any of our partner laboratories within the next 48 hours after the blood draw. This is why we cannot work, without a partner, in countries where the distance to Spain or any of our partner laboratories is too great for this requirement to be met.
This is the reason why we need partner labs, something we are actively looking for. If you find or know of a laboratory in your country willing to become our partner lab, please let us know. Otherwise, contact our Info team at firstname.lastname@example.org we will let you know when we start working in your country.
3. Can I order my kits online?
Due to the sensibility of our services we have not been able to give this option to our customers yet. However, we are working on this and we expect to offer this service in the near future.
4. How much does the test cost?
Our prices vary depending on where you are located, please contact our Info team a email@example.com for quotation of our services.
5. What is Oncocheck?
ONCOCHECK is a two-year clinical study being carried out by Life Length, with its proprietary Telomere Analysis Technology® (TAT®) and related assays, to allow oncologists to better predict and evaluate disease progression in patients affected by the great majority of cancers. Its main objective is the clinical validation of Telomere-Related Variables (TRV’s) as cancer biomarkers. For this purpose, different molecular biomarkers in different types of cancer will be tested during this study. For more information please visit http://www.oncocheck.eu/.
1. I am interested in taking the test, what do I do?
If you already have a physician, we could send them a kit so that you could measure your telomeres. The test is very easy and only requires a small blood draw and the completion an online questionnaire
In order to send your doctor the test kit, we would need to set up an account with them. If you do not have a doctor, we can provide you with the contact of the clinics that we work with
Please contact our Info team a firstname.lastname@example.org,letting us know if you are a patient or a doctor and indicating where exactly you are located.
2. I already took the test with my doctor, when should I expect the test results?
Our turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks starting from when the samples arrive to our facilities in Madrid. After we generate the Results Report we will upload it to your doctor’s “Physician Portal”.
3. Should I take the questionnaire?
The online questionnaire is a not requirement, however, we encourage you to complete it in order to receive a more personalized Results Report. The log-in details are included on the label “For patient”. In order to get the Results Report to you in a timely fashion, it is important to complete the questionnaire around the same time as the blood is drawn or mark on your Test Requisition Form that you will not be taking the questionnaire.
4. How do I access the online questionnaire?
Please go to http://www.lifelength-questionnaire.com/ and use the log-in details provided by your doctor.
5. I forgot my log-in details to access the online questionnaire
Please contact your doctor, who keeps a copy of your log-in details to access the online questionnaire.
6. Can I do the test while taking medications? Should I mention it to someone?
Yes, you can do the test while taking medications. Nevertheless, we recommend that your doctor knows about it and that you include this information if you decide to fill out our optional online questionnaire.
7. Do you recommend any supplements?
There are many supplements on the market that can have a positive impact on your telomere length. We do not, however, recommend any supplement in particular as our business core focuses on telomere length measurement only. If you are interested in purchasing a supplement, please contact your doctor or the supplement company directly.
1. I want to know more about the TAT® Telomere Test.
For more information, please contact our Info team email@example.com.
2. I am a doctor and I would like to know more about telomeres. What can I do?
Please visit our “Telomeres” website section to explore the basics about telomere biology and Life Length’s telomere testing, which can support your clinical decision-making in early detection and risk stratification.
If you need more information or marketing material for your practice, please contact our Info team at https://www.lifelength-reports.com/
3. How do I access the Physician Portal?
Please go to https://www.lifelength-reports.com/
4. I forgot my log-in details to access the Physician Portal.
5. My patient is contacting me for their online questionnaire log-in details, where do I find them?
Please check your Log Sheet where you should keep track of your patients´ names and questionnaire log-in details. In case you cannot find it, please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your patient´s Sample code and requesting their log-in details.
6. What is the turnaround time to receive the Results Report?
Our turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks starting when the samples arrive to our facilities in Madrid. After we generate the Results Report we will upload it to your Physician Portal.
7. Does the kit have any expiration date?
No, it does not. However, the tube included inside the kit has a shelf life of one year. Please check the label on the tube carefully.
8. How much blood needs to be drawn?
Please draw 10 ml of blood (a full tube) as failing to do so may result in a rejection.
9. Is fasting required before the blood draw?
Fasting is not required. However, blood should NOT be taken from individuals who have a cold, the flue, and/or fever as this may affect the test results.
10. Who should I contact if I change my clinical practice location or my financial data?
Please contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com
11.Who should I contact if I would like to receive marketing material from Life Length in order to promote the test?
Please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org what kind of marketing material you would like to receive from us.
Logistics of the TAT Test
1. Where can I find the blood collection instructions?
The collection instructions can be found in the “Steps To Work With Life Length” document included inside the kit.
2. Where can I find the shipping instructions?
The shipping instructions can be found in the “Steps To Work With Life Length” document included inside the kit.
3. Restrictions for sample shipment
Fresh blood samples must arrive to Life Length laboratory or to one of our partner laboratories within 48 hours after the blood extraction. If you are located in Europe, please contact email@example.com to organize the pick-up.
Important: The shipment must be done in a temperature range of 2ºC to 8ºC. Due to this requirement, we provide a special kit to transport the blood.
4. What documents do I have to include inside the kit when sending it back?
It is important that the Test Requisition Form with its corresponding label is always included inside the kit when sending it back.
The “Subject Informed Consent From” must be signed by the patient and every clinic o doctor is responsible for keeping it for their records.
5. ¿When does your laboratory in Spain close?
Our laboratory in Spain is always closed on Saturdays and Sundays and on the following days; please see the Life Length – Laboratory Closure Calendar for 2018
Please note that samples must arrive to our laboratory within 48 hours of the blood extraction.
For more information, please contact our Logistics team at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What types of telomere testing do you offer for research projects?
Life Length has a big array of telomere technologies in order to determine telomere variables in any biological sample. In short, our assays are:
- TAT: Our proprietary telomere length technology to determine various telomere length variables in cellular samples and tissues.
- Q-TRAP: Innovative assay to measure telomerase activity in cellular samples.
- qPCR: Telomere length assay when only DNA is available.
- TRF:An alternative telomere length assay for DNA samples.
2. I would be interested in a performing a telomere study. What types of studies do you offer?
We offer two types of studies:
- In vitro studies: Fast, easy and robust model for screening the effect of any compound/product/extract on telomeres. Only requires a
small amount of the substance and is fully conducted in our CLIA certified laboratory.
- Human and animal studies : PYou can send any biological sample directly to our laboratory for telomere testing.testeado.
3. I have decided on the type of study. What is the process?
Before sending any substance or sample to our laboratory, it is required that you contact us in advance. Our team will evaluate the specifics of your samples and assist you with any necessary arrangements prior to any shipping.
4. Where can I find the sample requirements for each telomere testing technology?
The sample requirements for each technology can be found in the following link. Sample requirements
Please note that for in vitro studies conducted by us it is not necessary to verify sample requirements.
5. Once the study is completed, what should I expect to receive?
At the end of every study we provide our clients with a detailed and comprehensive study report along with the data in an excel document for your own analysis. A statistical analysis of the results is included depending on the study design.
6. How long does it take to complete the measurements?
For in vitro studies depending on the design of the study the duration may vary. However, the estimate time for completing a comprehensive in vitro study is 3 to 4 months. In the case of testing your samples the estimate timing depends on the volume but it usually takes a few weeks.
7. I have question regarding the study results. Is there anybody I can consult?
We routinely organize conference calls with clients that need to discuss the results and ask for clarifications. Please do not hesitate to contact us for anything required.